- 'People's Partnership','we', 'us' or 'our' means the People's Partnership group of companies (listed below) all of which have their registered offices at Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9QP: (i) People's Partnership Holdings Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 0377361; (ii) People's Partnership Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 10267951; (iii) B & C E Insurance Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 3093365; (iv) People's Administration Services Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 2207140; (v) Building and Civil Engineering Benefits Scheme Trustee Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 1201576; (vi) People's Investments Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 13767819; and (vii) The People's Pension Trustee Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 8089267.
- 'People's Partnership Online Account' means the online services of People's Partnership.
- 'Information' and/or 'Content' means all data (including personal data), databases and any information whatsoever accessed or obtained through the Site and the Services
- 'Online Account' means the individual account created for you, to help you manage your products online through the 'People's Partnership Online Account' website.
- 'Password' means the secret phrase chosen by you to enable you to access the Services.
- 'Security Credentials' means the Password and/or Security Word.
- 'Security Word' means a memorable word chosen by you (this may not apply to newer members).
- 'Services' means the provision of tools and information to help you manage your products online through the Site we make available to you to use the Services.
- 'Site' means this website and any associated websites owned and operated by People's Partnership.
- 'User Content' means data, Information and Content provided.
Provision of the Services
- To comply with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations we have a legal responsibility to confirm the true identity of customers by undertaking a number of identity checks. You may need to provide further evidence of your identity and confirmation of your address, in which case we will contact you.
- Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some or all of the Site.
- People's Partnership reserves the right to refuse any registration for the Services without disclosing any reason.
- People's Partnership does not provide financial advice. You should not treat any of the information provided or the use or the result of using any of the tools on the Site as a recommendation as to the suitability, governance, performance, or likely performance, regulated status or other features of any of our products on which information is obtainable via the Services. If you need financial advice, please contact a financial adviser.
Account Set Up
- You can set up your Online Account on our Site.
- You will be prompted to enter in your email address so that you can create a unique password.
- Your email address must be unique and one that has not been chosen by another user of the Services.
- For more information on how to set up an Online Account with us, please see the ‘ Accessing your Online Account ’ section on our website.
Security Precautions and Operating Rules
- You are wholly responsible for the setup of your Online Account and for use of the Security Credentials. People's Partnership accepts no responsibility or liability for any misuse of an Online Account where an account has been improperly accessed or otherwise. You must not disclose your Security Credentials to anyone.
- People's Partnership recommend that you do not store any Security Credentials on your computer or ask your computer to remember them automatically. Also, that you explicitly log out when you have finished using the Services. If you do not do this, an unauthorised person may gain access to your People's Partnership Online Account. We cannot be held responsible for the consequences of unauthorised access to your Online Account.
- People's Partnership will never ask you to disclose any of your Security Credentials to us. If you receive a request like this, you must not disclose any of your Security Credentials and you should report this to us immediately.
- If you forget your login details, you can reset them through your Online Account.
- If you believe that someone else knows the Password and/or Security Word, you must tell us immediately. The Password and/or Security Word must be changed, which you can do through the Site. People's Partnership will not be responsible for any unauthorised person having access to the Information or for any loss suffered by you due to unauthorised use of your Online Account.
- People's Partnership does not accept responsibility for any unauthorised use of the Security Credentials resulting from any act or omission or negligence on your part.
- You must not access or attempt to access any information other than the information about your Online Account.
Restrictions on Use
You are responsible for all conduct and any User Content that you submit or enter on the Site. Your Online
Account is intended for your personal use only. You are responsible for all
acts or omissions that occur in relation to your Online Account. You agree,
amongst other things, that you will NOT:
- use the Services to submit or transmit illegal, discriminatory, abusive, threatening or offensive material or malicious content, or for illegal activities;
- Breach any laws or regulations in the accessing or operation of your Online Account;
- obtain or attempt to obtain access to any programs or data to interfere with, reverse-engineer, decompile, translate, disassemble, or separate the components of our software or online services;
- wrongfully use others' personal data which may be accessed from the Site;
- knowingly transmit, email, or post any material that contains in any form software viruses including but not limited to Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel-bots, computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- upload, post or disseminate content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary right of us or any third party or infringes any intellectual property law or any other applicable law;
- use any robot, spider, or other automated site search/retrieval application, device, process or means, to access, retrieve, scrape, or index the Site or any Site Content;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, Online Accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- remove, circumvent, disable, damage, or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.
- People's Partnership reserves the right to exercise whatever lawful means it deems necessary to prevent unauthorised, illegal or inappropriate access to or use of the Site, including technological barriers, Intellectual Property mapping, and contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) regarding such unauthorised, illegal or inappropriate use.
- You are responsible for all conduct and any User Content that you submit or enter on the Site. Your Online Account is intended for your personal use only. You are responsible for all acts or omissions that occur in relation to your Online Account. You agree, amongst other things, that you will NOT:
Availability of the Services
- Although we will do our best to let you know in advance of changes to the Services, People's Partnership reserves the right to change the content, presentation, performance, user facilities and availability of any part of the Information and the way in which the Services are provided, at any time, at our sole discretion and without prior notice.
- People's Partnership cannot guarantee that the Site will always be available and fully functional, and it is your responsibility to ensure that any Content which needs to be submitted to the Site within specific deadlines is uploaded within sufficient time. This is to allow for problems accessing or using the internet or this Site which may occur from time to time.
- People's Partnership will use reasonable endeavours to keep the Site available for you to be able to access the Services at all times except between 4am and 7am (UK time), 7 days a week. However, we do not guarantee or make any warranty or representation that the Services can be accessed throughout these times. Access to the Services is dependent upon third-party interconnection and web connectivity and we have no liability or responsibility, nor do we warrant that your equipment is compatible or able to access our Site and fully use the Services. The Services may be temporarily unavailable or restricted for administrative or other reasons.
- If we are prevented from providing the Services, we will use our reasonable endeavours to solve the problem as quickly as we can. If you need help using the Services, our contact details can be found on the People's Partnership website.
When you key in the Security Credentials, you are
authorising us to carry out all your instructions on your behalf and you
agree that we can (without getting further confirmation from you):
- act on any instructions you give us on the Site; and
- release confidential information we hold about you and your products for the purpose of acting on your instructions.
- You accept responsibility and liability for the completeness and accuracy of any instructions and Information sent to us through the Services and we will not be liable for the consequences of any incomplete or incorrect instructions or data sent by you.
- We will treat such instructions as genuine and will carry them out even if given in error unless, we have received prior notification from you of unauthorised use of your Security Credentials.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to carry out your instructions correctly, but it is your responsibility to check that we have carried out your instructions correctly. If the transaction has not been carried out correctly or an error has occurred, you should tell us as soon as possible.
- If the Services become unavailable before you have completed your instructions in relation to your transaction, you may not receive final confirmation of your transaction.
- It is your responsibility to tell us in the event that you do not receive confirmation of acceptance of any instructions and to check that we have received your instructions.
- There will be some instances where we will require or accept written instructions from you. Where written instructions are required, we will let you know.
- When you key in the Security Credentials, you are authorising us to carry out all your instructions on your behalf and you agree that we can (without getting further confirmation from you):
Downloading of Software
- Any software is downloaded entirely at your own risk. We do not warrant the suitability or compatibility of any such software that is downloaded as a part of the Services, and we do not accept any liability for any problems with your computer that may arise as a result. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of software to be downloaded for your computer, it is recommended that you obtain specialist advice before downloading.
Uploading Information to our Site
- People's Partnership is not responsible or liable to any third party, for the User Content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Site. You agree to indemnify People's Partnership for any loss, cost damage expense or claim suffered or incurred by it because of the User Content you submit or upload to the Site.
- You represent and warrant that you have the right to upload the Information onto our Site and that your actions do not infringe the rights of any other person.
- People's Partnership reserves the right to change the access requirements without prior notice where in its opinion this change reflects recommended best practice.
- If you send us an email via the People's Partnership Online Account website it will be sent through an encrypted link, which changes the Information sent into code. This means any personal information stays secure while it is being sent to us. If an email is not encrypted, then it is not secure. So, if you email an enquiry to us from your mailbox, please do not include any confidential information such as your date of birth, National Insurance number or bank account details.
- Please note that there is no guarantee that any email sent will be received, or that the contents of any such email will stay private or unaltered during internet transmission. We do not accept any liability for any damages you or others may suffer because of the alteration or loss of confidentiality of any such information sent via email.
- People's Partnership reserves the right to monitor the use and content of emails which are sent from and received by us for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our own email policy and identifying and acting against unlawful or improper use of our systems.
Use of Personal Data
- Information provided to us will be used by us to validate your Online Account set up, confirm your identity and set up security procedures to enable you to access the Information and use the Services.
- People's Partnership may suspend or terminate your use of the Services at any time for any reason. We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible of such suspension or termination. You may subsequently request access which shall be subject to our approval.
- You are free to discontinue your use of the Services with us at any time.
- Termination of the Services shall not affect any lawful instructions, requests or transactions already initiated through the Services.
- Whilst we have taken all reasonable care to ensure the reliability, speed, accuracy and completeness of the Information and the Services, errors, omissions, and delays may occur due to circumstances outside our control.
- You agree that People's Partnership won't be liable for any and all losses, (including loss of data and loss of personal data) damages, costs, claims, expenses and other liabilities which arise as a result of any delays, interruption or failure of the Services due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. (This includes the unavailability or interruption of the internet or other telecommunication services, fire, lightning, explosion, war, disorder, flood, industrial dispute, sabotage, weather conditions or acts of local or central Government or other competent authorities).
- People's Partnership shall not be responsible for maintaining your software, hardware, or any equipment whatsoever necessary for you to effectively and reliably transmit and receive communications using the Services. We shall not provide any warranty as to the suitability or otherwise of your equipment.
- The Services have been prepared in accordance with People's Partnership's current understanding of the Financial Conduct Authority rules, applicable Data Protection legislation, current HM Revenue & Customs legislation, and practice. This may be subject to future variation.
People's Partnership further expressly disclaims:
- that the Services will meet your requirements and will be uninterrupted, error-free, timely, or secure;
- that defects or errors will be corrected;
- that the Services or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or other harmful components, and
- that the use of the Services or the Information made available as part of the Services will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable.
Limitation of Liability & Indemnity
People's Partnership shall not be liable in contract, tort,
negligence, statutory duty or otherwise to the maximum extent permissible
by law for any Loss arising from:
- ny damage, defects, viruses, or any other malfunctions caused to any equipment or other software in connection with access to or use of the Services;
- the content of the Services;
- he Services' unavailability;
- misuse of the Services;
- loss of data (including loss or personal data) stored on the device you are using to access the Services or on our server;
- the download or use of any software made available through the Services; and
- unauthorised use of your Online Account and Password.
- For the purposes of this section, ‘Loss’ means all losses (including loss of business, revenue, goodwill, profits, management time, opportunity, or anticipated savings), liabilities, costs, payments, claims, actions, damages, and expenses (whether direct or indirect).
- You agree to hold harmless and indemnify People's Partnership
from and against any claim or demand made by any third party due to or
arising out of:
- User Content that you upload to or your use of the Site;
- the infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property, confidentiality, data protection legislation or other right of any person or entity.
- If you are dissatisfied with the Site or any part of the Services provided your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Services and the Site.
Intellectual Property Rights
- People's Partnership owns the copyright and any other intellectual property rights to all the information and data relating to the provision of these Services including all database rights. If you become aware of or suspect any infringement by any person of rights of People's Partnership in the Services, you agree to promptly tell us and to give us any details you have about such infringement.
- Except as expressly permitted and for your own use, you may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any Information or Content or other proprietary information from the Site without obtaining the prior written consent of People's Partnership.
- If for any reason you consider that we have not delivered the high standard of service that you expect from us, then you should contact us as soon as possible to enable us to investigate. If you have a complaint, you should contact us by telephone (0300 2000 555), email (email@example.com) or in writing. Full contact details can be found on our website (www.peoplespartnership.co.uk).
Law and Jurisdiction